BOAT HIRE IS AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY AT KIELDER WATER.
For anglers who enjoy the freedom of fishing from a boat, these can be hired at Kielder Water. With over 2,000 acres of water to explore you can try a different spot every time you fish.
With a fleet of 15 fully equipped motor boats, the huge lake offers exhilarating fishing for both enthusiast and competition anglers alike.
Boats must be booked in advance by calling 01434 251 000 and boat hire is included in the loyalty scheme.
Hire is available from Saturday 11 March until Friday 17 November 2017 from 8.30am until 8.00pm (depending on sunset times).
Special mid week offer
Enjoy a half day for just £12 from Monday 1 May until Saturday 30 September 2017. Hire is available from 8.30am until 2.00pm or 2.30pm until 8.00pm (depending on sunset times).
Additional rules for fishing by boat
34. Fishing is allowed only from boats specifically hired from Northumbrian Water Limited
35. At least two but no more than four persons must be in any Northumbrian Water Limited craft from which fishing is taking place. All persons must wear buoyancy at all times.
36. Boats from which fishing is taking place must remain 100 metres from any course buoy when racing is taking place.
37. Everyone fishing from a boat must carry a valid Environment Agency rod licenceand a Northumbrian Water permit.
38. No fishing may take place in any restricted zone, at any mooring or jetty or within 200 metres od the foreshore at Leaplish. Fishing boats must not tie up to any buoy, mooring or water ski facility at any time.
39. Bank fishing is now allowed in the designated water skiing areas when water skiing is taking place.
40. Fishing boats must keep a safe and reasonable distance from other craft at all times including craft using moorings, craft at anchor and craft manoeuvring to pick up a mooring buoy. Fishing boats under power must give way to sailing boats.
41. Fishing boats which are close to the shore will be free drifting and should be given a qide berth as fishing lines may be cast down wind and back casts up wind (see rule 40).
42. Children must be aged 8 years and over to go in a boat.
43. Life jackets are provided although you may also bring your own. It is within the rangers rights to insist a Northumbrian Water lifejacket is worn if a personal one is not deemed safe.